One of my best skin care tips: there is no better exfoliator than coffee grounds. Seriously. If you drink coffee, you have no excuse not to use it.
INSTRUCTIONS (save this post for later so you can always find it):
1. Let the freshly used coffee grounds dry on a tray for a day or so. (Spread them out as loose and flat as possible so they dry quickly and don’t mold).
2. Mix a teaspoon of dried coffee with your favorite facial cleanser in the palm of your hand (it’s best to use natural cleansers, as it’s usually not as aggressive to the skin).
3. Add a few drops of water (about 3-4) and mix everything gently in your palm.
4. Apply the scrub all over your skin and rub it in gently.
5. Leave it on for 5 minutes to allow the caffeine to soak in.
You’ll notice that the coffee grounds soak in within seconds and reach a perfect consistency where it’s neither too hard nor too soft. If you want it softer, just let it soak a little longer in advance- you can also mix it in a bowl.
6. simply rinse down the drain (no microplastics, unlike many other scrubs, yeah!).